Saturday 2 January 2016

This Year . . .

Alas it has been a very long time since I last posted, for which I am sorry.
Seeing as it is the start of a New Year I have been thinking about resolutions and things I want to improve on over the course of this new year. Now I have never been one for New Years resolutions in the past but for once I believe that I want to make some serious changes this year and I'm determined to stick to them. 

Number 1, I want to make and find more time to blog this year and share some of my findings and adventures.

Number 2, I want to remember that although I love my job I need to remember to have a life outside of work, I'm sure there are many people in the same boat as me, in their first job, working hard, giving their all to show people what they are made of in the hope that people will notice. While trying to do this it is really hard to remember to have a life outside of work, you get into a rhythm sleep, commute, work, commute and sleep, you forget to make time for friends and even family. I say forget, you never forget but you are so exhausted that all you want to do at the end of the day by the time you get home is to relax for those few hours before bed.

Number 3, be selfish. I always try and do my best for other people and ware myself out trying to do things with everybody. This year I'm going to be selfish and try to have a me day every once in a while where I do something I want without thinking of anybody else's feelings. Naughty I know but we all deserve to do what we want every once in a while. Maybe a day trip, or a spa day, maybe even just curling up with a book or an old film.

Number 4, make sure all the people in my life know I appriciate them. As my mother says sometimes I can be a closed book, this year I want to be more open with the pleople closest to me. Trust me it's the one thing I learnt last year it is bad to keep things inside and stress yourself about them it can affect your health, leant that the hard way.

Now enough of me waffling on! I just want to wish you all a wonderful New Year, and say a big thank you to all of you who read my blog. Has anyone else got any New Year resolutions?


x

No comments:

Post a Comment