Thursday 27 November 2014

Savage Beauty . . .

So as this year is quickly drawing to a close, it is only getting closer to 2015 which is bringing one of the most highly anticipated exhibitions to the V&A. Yes of course it is Alexander McQueen's Savage Beauty retrospective. I personally cannot wait. As I have mentioned before I am a huge Alexander McQueen fan and have been since his early days. An incredible talent he along with designer Vivienne Westwood inspired me to study fashion design at University and his legacy continues to inspire me.

Image by Farfetch
McQueen has so many memorable collections and pieces that it is so hard to put them all together but the Farfetch team have managed to do it! In this infographic they have managed to put together fashion illustrations depicting some of his most memorable shows in chronological order, which really shows McQueen's fashion evolution throughout his too short a career.

My personal favourite was the show that he put together with milliner Philip Treacy in memory of their dear friend Isabella Blow, who sadly died shortly before McQueen himself. This show was all the more memorable as it was planned and constructed with love for their dear departed friend. Showing McQueen's Spring / Summer 2008 collection named 'La Dame Bleue'. If you listen closely you can hear that Isabella Blow talking on the track. It is my favourite as it paired two of the most talented craftsmen together and boy was it a show to remember!


What is your favourite McQueen Moment?

The exhibition opens on March 14th 2015 and closes on July 19th 2015, but is already the talk of the town and it is still months away!
I've recently bought my tickets and would recommend you doing so too, as boy oh boy are they selling out quickly, there are currently no weekend tickets available online for the month of March.

 You don't want to miss out on this one I can promise you that!

x

No comments:

Post a Comment