Thursday 30 January 2014

ART POP

You an art kid like me? If you are this is the perfect trend for you, art school! What pieces work in this trend, well anything with photographic, digital print or graffiti references. Lots of designer Spring / Summer 14 shows featured references to pop-art, impressionism, and futurism. This is the perfect time to bring bold prints and colour ways into your wardrobe!
Mismatched prints, go big or go home!!!

Stella Jean, Jeremy Scott, Celine, Prada, and Chanel.
Here is a few of my fav pieces around at the moment...

Ginger Fizz Shift Dress (ASOS) - £36
House of Holland Sweatshirt (ASOS) - £170
Printed Skirt (RiverIsland) - £22
Clover Canyon Dress (OxygenBoutique) - £250
Emma Cook Dress (ASOS) - £355
Mara Hoffman Bag (MarissaCollections) - £250
Hand Held Bag (BeyondRetro) - £24

Clover Canyon is one of my favourite digital print brands, they always have the most amazing prints, they are normally found at Oxygen Boutique so check them out, although they are currently out of my intern price range, maybe one day soon when I manage to get my first paying job I can finally buy one!
Henry Holland's new collection features some amazing prints, for example the sweatshirt above, I absolutely love the print and colour on this sweatshirt. Brilliant paired with simple black trousers or a structured black skirt. Floral's are also back in trend so matched with the interesting digital prints around, and great colour ways this is another bonus to the Art Pop trend! I love the patterns and embellishment detail on the two bags featured in the above picture. All in all this is a brilliant trend, suitable for anyone creative or who likes to have fun with a variety of prints and patterns. 
Enjoy!

x

No comments:

Post a Comment