Sunday 15 June 2014

Ascot . . .

Now I have been going to Ascot races for years, though not in the way I'm sure your thinking. While still at school and during University I used to work every year at Royal Ascot. So I have seen the best and worst outfits in my time there so seeing as it is in the next few weeks I thought I would share what I have learnt with you, of course style the pieces as you would style them yourself but this will be a rough guide to appropriate dressing for the event.

Dresses are a go to for this event, try to avoid prom dresses or tacky super short body con dresses. Instead go for a more conservative look, don't worry I don't mean dress older than you are or cover up entirely I just mean be a bit more respectable in your appearance as it is what has been expected for this prestigious event. I also don't mean you have to dress in a way that is all void of personality, have a look at the great dresses below that would be perfect for this event.

Maxi dresses yes but more formal ones, no holiday showing too much flesh ones please, you wont look good and you will be standing out for the wrong reasons. A few appropriate maxis to give you an idea of what is acceptable can be seen below. These dresses from Mango are stunning, and will be a great summer buy for your wardrobe! Suitable for other more formal occasions for example a summer wedding, christening, e.c.t. I can guarantee you will be wearing this dress again.

For Individual Prices Click Here
Onto cami dresses now, this is a possibility for some girls, there are some great more elegant and feminine pieces around for you to choose from but here are my top three. Two bright numbers from H&M and a great white lace cami from Zara. Good for girls who are smaller on top and you can get away with strapless or a bra with very thin straps, girls who are bigger up top maybe keep away from the cami's, I'm included in this myself.

For Individual Prices Click Here
Remember ladies fascinators are a go too, remember you must have one!
I'm sure you will all look stunning and have a wonderful time, Ascot does have a great atmosphere and even though I was working I always had a good time.

Enjoy!

x

No comments:

Post a Comment