Sunday 15 June 2014

Hello my name is Paul Smith!

So yesterday I went to check out the Hello my name is Paul Smith exhibit at the Design Museum in London, and lo and behold but I met the man himself! I was so excited even shook his hand, he was so kind, friendly and welcoming. I may have immediately texted my mum saying I JUST MET PAUL SMITH!
It was just so nice as it was out of the blue I went from the main corridor of the exhibition and into a re-creation of his studio and there he was just chatting to people and taking some pictures with his team.

All kinds of things were on display at the exhibition, from a ceiling covered in rails of patterns, makes me think of uni, to a mini cooper that had been Paul Smithed so to speak. Have a look for yourself below. . .


Walls of pictures and paintings that the designer has collected over the years covered the main corridor, a model of his 'first shop' was also in this room. I used ' ' as the room was so small only a few people could stand in it.


A wall covered with buttons wowed you before you went on to see some of Paul Smith's garments lined up along both sides of another corridor.




I loved all of the garments that were on show and felt like I wanted to take them all home to my wardrobe, but alas of course I could not but here are a few pics of my favourite pieces.


This wonderful women's silk embroidered Jacket is so beautiful this photo doesn't do it justice. I definitely wanted to put it on right then and there.


Now this men's, yes menswear jacket took my fancy too, just look at the workmanship that has gone into it. The silk embroidered sequin jacket is just incredible and while I can't see my boyfriend in it I would love to have it!


Finally this wonderful tailored grey jacket, again for men but I love the elegant, smart black edging on this piece it just elevates this jackets design and shows off all its wonderful features.

There was also a few re-creations of the designers studio and office, the office can be seen below, but they both looked like something I would have, lots of interesting things all mixed together, somehow working together and not looking like a huge mess. I could have happily settled into it and started working.


If you haven't seen the exhibition see it before it closes on 22nd of June click here to find out the details from the site.

A wonderful man and a wonderful exhibition!

x

No comments:

Post a Comment