Tuesday 4 February 2020

Bafta Awards 2020 Best Dressed . . .

So if you follow me you know that I love the Bafta awards. My dad works in film and is a member of the Bafta's so it has been a part of my life every year since I can remember.

Film is a wonderful medium, like music its incredible the feelings you can get from just simply watching a film. There were some rather incredible films on show this year a couple of my highlights were Jojo Rabbit, Parasite and I have to say 1917 was rather incredible. Of course I could go on forever talking about film as my boyfriend can attest to but I am here to go through a couple of my best dressed highlights from the night. 

Few past articles on best dressed if you are interested can be found here

Let's get the show on the road, first I wanted to talk about Costume Designer Sandy Powell, now she is an incredible woman and I have been a fan of hers since I was little (I also wanted to go into costume design). For this years Bafta Awards she wore a suit made from cailco which she then got famous names to sign. Why you ask well once complete she will be selling the suit for auction to help raise funds to save Prospect Cottage. Along with Art Fund they are trying to save the home of Derek Jarman, Prospect Cottage in Dungeness, which is a pilgrimage site for artists and gardeners alike.  If you would like to help out please click here to be taken to the fundraising page.


Next, now I am not a pink girl but I have to say Renée Zellweger looked beautiful in this pink Prada number. If you watched the Bafta's too I like how humble she came across in her speech and who can forget the amazing moment she had leaving the stage with old friend Hugh Grant!


Actress Jodie Turner-Smith stunned in this Gucci gown, amping up the style stakes of maternity style. She really looked absolutely breathtaking!


The fabulous Olivia Coleman looked very sophisticated in this Alexander McQueen number


Miss Moneypenny the lovely Naomie Harris looked effortlessly cool in this sequin Michael Kors dress


Director Lulu Wang looked beautiful in this Simone Rocha look, I love the layers and that this is different to the statement dresses we are used to expecting on the red carpet


Zoë Kravitz shimmered in this dress from Saint Laurent


Finally I just loved Roman Griffin Davis's look, the actor from Jojo Rabbit


What did you think of the looks at this years Bafta Awards?

The Girl with the Yellow Bag

x


No comments:

Post a Comment