Sunday 18 May 2014

Chanel Pre Spring / Summer 2015

Oh Karl you have done it again!
Another wonderful collection has graced the Chanel Catwalk this season. 
Have a look at my top six looks from this collection below.


Let me just start off by mentioning the amazing prints that were on show in this collection! I love the way the print was put on the more floaty pieces of the collection and just seems to flutter as the model walked down the runway almost making her appear to be an exotic creature.  I love the styling giving it a late 60's 70's feel, I can almost see some of the collection being worn in Studio 60. Next to this coat, how wonderful is this piece? I would really love this in my wardrobe, I love the detail and the obvious work that has gone into a piece like this, an elegant way to make a day to day statement. The detail and embellishment on this next piece is amazing, it just sparkles, I love that it is also paired with tight black trousers making sure that nothing detracts from the wonderful workmanship of the dress.


Now for some show stopping pieces. I love again how the first one floats down the runway! The print does remind me of something Alexander McQueen did while he was alive though which is a bit frustrating. The detail on the top though is just superb and I can imagine many a celeb floating about in this dress in events to come. Next we have an interesting piece, mainly because of the net like woven trousers that have been paired with this tunic dress. Again another great choice of fabrics from Karl, I love this tweed the colours are magnificent, nice change from the pinks and navy's. Finally, now this is a dress I can imagine Keira Knightley to be wearing at her next event, you can just see her in it can't you. I love the loose 1920's / 30's feel of it, the way it hangs. The longer underskirt is also a nice touch and adds to the vintage inspired theme.

All in all an amazing collection.
What were your favourite pieces?

x

No comments:

Post a Comment