Friday 9 May 2014

Met Ball 2014

Ok yes I know I am a little late with this post but I have been away. My family and I went to Drayton Manor and I had to play my role as the cool cousin and look after two little ones so apologies for not posting over the last week.

Anyway on to the main story the Met Ball 2014, this night was to celebrate the opening of is exhibition dedicated to the couturier Charles James so of course there were some stunning gowns in sight! I couldn't even pick just three!!!  So without further ado here are all my favourite looks of the night . . .


Starting with the pink ladies! I absolutely loved Reese Witherspoon's dress by Stella McCartney a very elegant, glamorous and sexy look. The wonderful Elle Woods from the beloved film legally blonde has grown up! Next we have the wonderful Claire Danes in a dress straight off Oscar de la Renta runway. I love the look of the velvet bodice against the voluminous plush skirt. Finally the lovely Emma Stone in a custom made Thakoon skirt and top. She looked fresh, elegant and very glamorous.


Next on to the darker crew and starting with Zooey Deschanel in a bespoke Tommy Hilfiger gown. This quirky indie queen was transformed into a princess for the night, she looked absolutely incredible I'm thinking she even looks Disney princess good, Disney its about time for another brunette princess I think! Next onto Georgia May Jagger who just oozed sex appeal, she looked sensational in this dress by David Koma, showing a little skin but not as much as some others she looked amazing. Next onto the feminine and flirty Dior dress that Marion Cotillard wore, I love the colour and tone of this midnight blue dress. The length is also perfect for this design as any longer would have ruined it. I love the pattern and texture with makes this dress appear almost scale like, she definitely is a creature to behold.


Now this lady has made it onto some worst dressed lists but I love Chloe Sevigny in this Kenzo dress. The colour complements her skin tone and hair and the black elements of this dress really makes the pattern pop out at you. She looks awesome and I think she rocks this dress! Now to the wonderful Dita Von Teese in this sophisticated Zac Posen gown, this dress just looks like it was made for her body, it seems to fit her like  glove. The incredible design of this gown and colour is the reason that it is my favourite of the evening. Finally onto Blake Lively in this Gucci gown, now this lady is on every bodies best dressed list it seems and I think you can see why. Again another incredible dress and look, helped that on her arm was her husband Ryan Reynolds too.

An incredible evening of fashion, of course there are some other amazing outfits and gowns from that night but these were my top picks I hope you liked them as much as me.

What was your favourite outfit of the night?

x

No comments:

Post a Comment