Friday 28 February 2014

Let's Talk Lingerie . . .

Underwear, a basic necessity for all ladies regardless of size and shape. Now making sure you are wearing the right size lingerie is of the utmost importance, wearing the wrong size lingerie can either make you look much bigger, and not in a good way ladies I'm talking about popping out, or it can make you appear to have saggy boobs, which is something no girl wants! Most shops that stock bras will have someone who can size you for example M&S, Debenhams and other department stores, but I would recommend going to a specific lingerie shop, for example LaSenza, AnnSummer's (remember they do proper lingerie too), figleaves or more high end with Rigby&Peller and AgentProvocateur. Of course there are a lot of other brands out there to look at but those are just the few I would recommend in my experience.


While every bra looks pretty and dainty in small sizes, its hard once you hit the +DD size to find bra's that you can feel really sexy in as most look like something your grandma would wear. How do I know this, I have that problem, I'm a size 10 who lets just say is very well endowed and growing up my boobs were always bigger than my friends, so there they would be in lovely pretty bras and there would be me feeling unsexy and almost ashamed in a horrible nude granny bra.
 I chose to settle till I was a little bit older and moving further up senior school before I decided that I would make it my mission to find nice girly bras for a girl my age, I mean who wants to go to a school dance, yes I feel old saying that, in a amazing bodycon dress or LBD with a granny bra underneath. I'm lucky that my mother was able to take me to Rigby & Peller, where I was able to get my first really stunning black lace bra, and boy did I feel good in it, it fitted perfectly, put my boobs up where they should be and you could notice my confidence levels just went up. As I've gotten older more brands designing for sizes +DD have opened and now there is so much more variety for girls like me. Lingerie is something that we have to wear everyday, we might as well look stunning and feel sexy and confident in it.

Once you know your size there are of course tonnes of wonderful online lingerie boutiques to look at for example the wonderful BouxAvenue, ChantelleLingerie, and LonelyHeartsLabel. I would advise really knowing your size before buying online though as it just saves so much time.
Now I've done some searching and have compiled my top 4 from four different brands, and also price points for sizes +DD, also clicking each brand I've mentioned above will direct you to their websites and or lingerie pages so you can see their full stock regardless of cup size.

For prices click here
Starting with good old Debenhams, who stock a variety of boutique lingerie lines for sizes +DD. The four above are my top picks. All different price points too. They do have a much varied range, but these are just my top four.


Next we have online retailer Boux Avenue, who I do love, I've bought several pieces from them since they launched. Feminine luxury at affordable prices, they normally always have a deal for buying the bra and getting the matching bottoms for free so definitely worth a look if you like to match.


Figleaves also stock a nice variety of +DD ranges as well as all other sizes of course. They also do good bikinis and swimwear for +DD so have a look before they all go this summer, get in early because trust me they will all be gone!


Lastly Rigby & Peller my favourite, ok yes they are expensive and I cannot afford them myself, I'm lucky in that my mother gives me tokens for this store once a year. The quality is outstanding in this store, in all honesty no other bra I have bought has ever been as good as my ones from here. They last pretty much a whole year if you look after them properly, longer then any of my other bras from more high street brands. So yes they are expensive but they are an investment piece.

Where do you shop for your lingerie? Any tips I haven't thought of?

x




No comments:

Post a Comment