Wednesday 5 February 2014

Wednesday Want

Love a bit of Vintage shopping, generally I love to trawl through shops in Brighton, Brick Lane, Portobello Road or Spitalfields Markets, e.c.t but unusually for me I looked at good old Beyond Retro's online store and spotted this amazing burgundy velvet dress, which also features a lace trim around the collar and the cuffs. Now I should probably mention that I have a weakness for 1) Velvet and 2) Lace so this dress match made in heaven, why wouldn't I like it! 

Dress (Beyond Retro) - £50.00
Portrait Backpack (Cambridge Satchel Company) - £165.00
Boots (Steve Madden) - £52.00
Ear Cuff (Barneys) - £140.00
Whole finger Ring (Rings&Tings) - £6.50
Leaves Ring (MyTheresa) - £1,800
Nail Varnish (O.P.I) - £12.00
I styled this dress as I would wear it, I'm sure the look wont be to everyone's tastes. As I've mentioned before I love a boot and I adore these Steve Madden ones, I like the gold buckle details they definitely add to the overall look and style of the boot. The Backpack, ok I know its from the men's section of the Cambridge Satchel Companies website but I love it. When I got my lovely Yellow Satchel I spotted the backpacks and thought that's going to be my next buy, when I've done something to deserve it. The rings, stunning shapes, subtle but they make an impact. Ok the ridiculously expensive one I could not afford for a long time but of course there are a lot of cheaper ones available, I have one in silver that I wear all the time, I have another with green stones at the end of each leaf too, lets just say I love the style! The whole finger ring is awesome too I find its a great way to add impact to an outfit, as you use your hands to do most things in your day accessorize them to make an impact or give someone a reason to notice you. The ear cuff, new favourite accessory of mine especially in the summer when you are more likely to have your hair up, I normally wear my hair to the side so I can show off my cuff to its best. Love the interesting crystal detail on this one very glam. Nail polish . . . I think you know my feelings on it by now, love the shade!

x

No comments:

Post a Comment