Thursday 27 February 2014

Paris Fashion Week Day 2

Day two of Paris Fashion Week, did you wow us?

Starting with Sonia by Sonia Rykiel.


Read between the lines, comes to nice when looking at this collection filled with colourful stripes in all kinds of styles and varieties. Very strong sixties feel to this collection, I love the inserts of the bright colours, either through a statement piece in the outfit or details on pieces in the look. I love that the styling for this collection is a perfect match for the looks, especially the lines being continued through the boots.


Moving on the the Dries Van Noten, whose lines reminded me of those by artist George Tjungurrayi. The almost optical illusion created by these lines adds interest to these pieces. This designer chose to clash colours and paired really bright, almost acidic tones with each other to create an unavoidable burst of colour. Floral prints in bright colour on trousers or in silver on black made a statement. A very exotic inspired collection, nice to see the floral prints done in this way, even showing them as 3D details on garments. Dries Van Noten also chose to add visible metallic zip details to add interest to the back of simpler pieces.


Floating, flared, and feminine pieces were all that was to be seen at the Alexis Mabille. Again another designer who chose to show a more slouchy feminine collection, with garments cut in silky fabrics to show off the wearers body as they walk. Mabille choosing to use also more revealing sheer fabric encrusted with clusters of embellishment, covering up just enough to protect the wearers modesty. Another fashion week, yet more designers showing capes in their collection, I love the thin leather trim around the edges. The introduction of the tartan was also a nice edgy twist to the collection. I love the twisted detail on the front of the tartan dress it just updates the style of the dress.


Oh Rochas, I love your finishing details. The stunning heavy embellishment on some of the pieces, the shoes and the amazing gloves. I have to say honestly I prefer the finishing and close up details of this collection over the overall collection pieces. I love the finishing details of the embroidery on the jackets as seen above and the stitch detail and carefully placed embellishment as seen on the green dress above.


Now Gareth Pugh, I have to say I'm a little disappointed. I am a fan but I feel this collection is just a bad imitation of Alexander McQueen. I like some pieces from the collection like the second one in the above picture I love the metallic toned silver effect. It does look a bit like vinyl carpet though.
What did you think of Gareth Pugh's collection?


Undercover, wow the the Indonesian theme, the oriental china patterns, Scottish tartan, and extreme and elaborate florals. This collection has everything and somehow it manages to pull it all together. I think this is my favourite so far from Paris, I love that it is just so out there and in your face. Excited to see what comes next!!!
x

No comments:

Post a Comment